Friday 13 April 2018

Scraptastic

Like every crafter, I've always got loads of scraps of paper and 'bits' on my desk (with the stuff I can never find buried under) so I decided to make use of them.

This month's challenge to myself is to just use up what I already have - including half-finished stuff.


This was an Ecoline ink pick-up but on rubbish watercolour board and it's been drying by the radiator for about a month!

So I gathered all the scraps from my desk and started sticking.


I don't really think about what I'm doing, it's just to add texture.  Most of it won't be seen by the end but it does make a difference to the finished project.

I used Talens Pearl Medium through an Inkylicious stencil and let that dry.

Next I went in with the Brushos and water spray.  I was interested to see how they would react with the pearl medium.


It looked really vibrant whilst it was wet but sadly the colours faded as it dried.

I'd got a few sheets of rice paper that I've been cleaning up with so I stuck those over the right half of the piece then I treble stamped IndigoBlu's Big Butterfly 2, with Seedless Preserves then Spiced Marmalade oxides and white gesso in the middle and again with black Versafine above and below



Using a black Ecoline brush pen I shadowed the 'Dream' and the butterflies.

It still looked not quite right so I did a bit of random stamping, added a moth I'd previously stamped on acetate, the eye and the sun.


I've decided to have a go at the Creative Artiste challenge blog with this.  You can find it here.....

http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Helen, right up my street and a fabulous use of scraps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting use of scraps we all have... Very creative! I love the layers. Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...