Wednesday 30 May 2018

Father's Day Blog Hop with IndigoBlu


The IndigoBlu DT are having a Father's Day Blog Hop and you can save 20% off the main stamp sets used until 17th June! These stamps are great for all masculine cards, whatever the occasion. The details and links to the other blogs can be found at the bottom of this post.

I don't have much in the way of masculine stamps but I did have the Travelling Home stamp set from IndigoBlu so I picked out a few words and images and stamped them in sepia Versafine on Kraft card.


You can stamp the whole thing and then cut out what you want but I just inked the bits I wanted and wiped away any excess ink from the stamp before stamping.


 Next I drew out the word DAD onto Kraft - you can print off the word and trace down, use die cuts or a laser cutter if you don't want to go free-hand.

Then I painted in the letters with Burning Bonfire acrylic paint mixed with a little Gesso and overstamped in Sepia Versafine using the Circle Dots Collectors Edition #6 stamp.


I outlined with a black pitt pen and then a white posca and finally cut the word out.  I also cut out the words I'd stamped earlier.


Working directly onto a DL Kraft card blank I randomly stamped in sepia with the Circle Dots and the cogs from the Take the Time stamp set.  I used Burning Bonfire and white Gesso to spatter the background.  I didn't have an 'are' on the stamp set so I used a calligraphy pen and wrote it myself.


I messed about with the layout of the words until I was happy and then glued them down.  To make everything pop (and match the DAD) I highlighted the letters in white and went round the cut outs with white and black pens and a little of the Burning bonfire applied with a brush.

Finally I edged the card with white and black pens, and added some cogs from my stash.



The following stamp sets have a 20% discount until 17/06/18

Use discount code FD20
at the checkout

Why not 'hop' on over to the other Design Team's blogs for more inspiration? 


6 comments:

  1. Love your use of colour Aitch and free hand drawn letters... you're very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your card was put together Aitch, a great wat to get more out of your word stamps. Clever idea xx

    ReplyDelete

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...