Friday 31 August 2018

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't 'do' that kind of thing - seriously, it's not my kind of thing at all!

She innocently said, well, you can't be good at everything.

Red rag to a bull!!!

So I painted this little lady in gouache on a small tag, never realising what would happen next.

Scroll forwards several months and my mate, Lou Withers was badgering poor Kay Halliwell- sutton (of IndigoBlu fame) to get me on her DT and she took some of my work down to show her.  By this time I'd done another girl with an owl but didn't think I'd do any more.

Next thing I know, I'm getting a phone call from Kay.  Would I like to be on the DT and oh, by the way, she'd like to make stamps out of the girls with animals.  Talk about shocked!!!

The long and the short of it is, two friends I already had, and a new one I gained, were instrumental in me having my artwork made into a range of stamps.  How cool is that??

Thank you so much Emma Blake, Lou Withers and Kay Halliwell-sutton.

The set of three stamps can be purchased from the IndigoBlu website HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wow, i bet your so chuffed, well done Emma for saying the right thing, as she knew by saying "ya can't be good at everything" would bug you. I particularly don't like using pretty girl stamps but your designs are just so good I'm sure they will end up in my basket very soon lol. Your story has inspired me, as my life would be complete if I was to be asked to join Kay's DT, I LOVE everything Indigoblu and I'd love to have more incentive to make mixed media tags using new products showing various ways of them being used to inspire others to have ago themselves, maybe one day eh, we all need something in life to aim for. Well done you, it must be brilliant to have such an amazing friend like Emma. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...