Wednesday 16 May 2018

The Wonders of (IndigoBlu) Rice Paper

Thanks to Leonie Pujol, I've ditched the baby wipes in favour of cleaning up with rice paper, IndigoBlu Rice Paper to be precise. 

It covers a multitude of sins.....


This was part of a piece that I messed up with dodgy stamping so I stuck some rice paper over the mistake.

This was a mini canvas where the background had gone wrong.  I generally cover my canvases with watercolour or mixed media paper before painting - mostly because I'm too lazy to wait for gesso to dry and I can rip it off if it goes awry - but when I ripped the paper off this, most of it stayed stuck....bring on the rice paper!

Finally, and not a mistake, rice paper is brilliant for covering curved surfaces.

All of these samples were made for Louise Withers' IndigoBlu show on Hochanda on Friday 18th May at 12 and 4pm.  Be sure to watch, as she's showcasing new acrylic colours and you can see the stunning work from the IndigoBlu design team......and buy some rice paper!





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful sneaky peaks Helen, love the designs. A great idea too about rice paper!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice paper is amazing, love your stuff Helen, as i do u too,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, is this a different type of rice paper to that on the rolls. I realise there are umpteen rice papers around, and what you have done with this one is beautiful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, the IB rice paper is stronger, possibly because it seems to be coated on one side. It doesn't disintegrate as easily so you don't need to be as careful with what you throw at it xx

      Delete

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...