Wednesday 25 April 2018

Miss Dorothy Leng


This is what I call one of my temporary installations because I'm using valued bits of memorabilia that I can't bear to glue.

When I found this photograph of an unknown woman on the web, I just had to use her.  She's nothing to do with me or my family....but that face!

Most of us have or will have to clear out a loved one's home at some point and, if we're lucky, will come across small treasures of somebody else's memories.  Chances are that we'll never know what they meant or where they came from but they create a connection between us and the past that's both mysterious and beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS SOOOO IMPORTANT TO ME AS I FEEL SO MUCH CONNECTION TO WHAT YOU MEAN AND HAVE CREATED, something so powerful and strong like a person can go, but something as simple as a fragile, old letter remains and last longer. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, when you come over, we'll have to go to Hemswell Antique Centre. It'll blow your mind. So many untold stories xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...