Wednesday 28 March 2018

Hares and Graces

I've never been one to turn down the opportunity to try something new, so when some oddments of metal fetched up on my desk, I had to have a play.

This is part of a mixed metal pack from Peakdale Products, which includes copper, aluminium and pewter.

I'd just bought some of the MDF chunky ATC's from 'That's Crafty' and thought why not?

I started by measuring the area and then cut
piece of tracing paper to the right size and sketched my design for the hare and moon.  Then I cut the metal to size and taped the tracing over the top, then taped the whole lot to an embossing mat.

I traced through the design with a ballpoint pen then removed the tracing paper and went over the design again with the pen.  Then I flipped it over and used embossing tools to push up the areas I wanted raised.  I repeated the process several times until I was happy.

I then filled the back with modelling paste to preserve the emboss (polyfilla is good!) and let it dry before going over with black acrylic paint and rubbing that back when it was dry.

The sides and top were done using the same method and a celtic border.

7 comments:

  1. fantastic work but sort out the gadget buttons so i can follow lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the layout.....just for you ;)

      Delete
  2. great love it and now u are on my fav tool bar lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this to pieces aitch. Another piece to go on sale in Art Junkies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed doing this, Sue. I could get very obsessed with metal!

      Delete
  4. Great to see you blogging Aitch, love your work xx

    ReplyDelete

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...