Friday 30 March 2018

It must be March

Though I don't need any excuses to paint Hares!

This fella was done as part of my DT work for Lou Withers & Royal Talens.

I covered an art board with mixed media paper and stamped the moon in vintage photo oxide.

I then sketched out the hare and went over it with Talens model powder (mixed with water) and built up the ears.

I coloured the moon with Ecoline pens and painted in the sky with Ecoline ink. Then with white gesso, starting from the moon and radiating outwards, I added the moonlight and flicked clean water over the sky

I then painted in the hare with a mixture of acrylics and Ecoline pens, finishing with a white gel pen for the highlights and whiskers and paynes grey shadows around the hare to make him pop. 

2 comments:

It's not what you know.....

Ages ago me and Emma Blake were having a discussion about how popular girls and faces have become in art journaling.  I said I didn't ...